Going Home

After about 6-7 months, I went home. I was excited. Firstly, because, obviously I will be seeing my family and friends after a long time; secondly, because, its my first experience of travelling by air. Going to the airport and boarding the flight was so fascinating.

Even after staying away from home, I have been so close to home that nothing has changed. On entering the airport after the flight landed, I saw my parents. Daddy seemed slimmer. Mom, the same. I thought my home town would seem new to me. But everything seemed the same. I found no changes at all. Still I was excited to see my town, my family, my friends and everyone close to me. Just after leaving the airport, daddy to took me to the nearest mall to get me new clothes for the festival (festive enjoyment has begun 🙂 ). Then I went to meet my maternal grandparents. Spent some quality time with them then went off to my paternal aunt’s place to burst crackers ( diwali without crackers is just incomplete for me). At last i entered home only to go out again after dinner. My parents, granny, cousin and I went for “pandal-hopping” at midnight (I missed this thing so much during Durga Puja).

So that was my first day at my home town. Next Day was Bhai Tika. I was given a surprise by my aunt with an arrangement for the ceremony with my little cousin brother ready to be treated like a VIP ( there isn’t a ritual in my family to do this ceremony though we enjoy the holiday that we get, so I wasn’t ready for it). So, unprepared, I completed the ritual. After lunch, I went with my relatives for a long drive Kurseong (its a hill station; my home town Siliguri is on the foothills, so the hills are just few hours away). O God !!!! what roads they were. At some point I felt really scared, they were so narrow and steep !!!! It was late evening when we returned. Tired, I straight away went off to bed and my 2nd day came to an end.

Next day my whole family, we went to another place called Kalimpong. Don’t know about others but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

This is the detailed account of the first three days of my vacation. The remaining days were spent roaming about the city, meeting old friends, visiting both my schools, shopping, going for movie. Yes, I again had arguments with Dad. Its so envitable 😀 .

The day I was coming back to Bangalore, I did’nt want to leave home. Suddenly I felt a strong affinity towards home. Few months back I was dying to leave, to be on my own. But at that time I wanted to stay back. I felt I should have listened to Daddy and not shifted to Bangalore. Now that I have taken the decision, I have no choice but to wait for another six months…………………..

    Leave a Reply